The Palestinian American Research Center has announced its 12th annual fellowship competition for post-doctoral and doctoral research in Palestinian Studies. As usual, this year will feature two separate fellowship competitions: one for US scholars, and one for their Palestinian counterparts.
The following requirements apply to American applicants:
- Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and science. Purely scientific research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
- Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- PARC funding is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program. Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the research commences. The fellowship will not cover tuition fees. Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are eligible.
- Applicants with a master’s may only apply jointly with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Applicants must be PARC members. How to join PARC
- Individual and joint research projects are eligible.
- Former PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
- Applications from women are especially encouraged.
For more information, please consult http://parc-us-pal.org/.