The Middle East Studies Program (MESP) is looking for a second student hourly employee who will work beside and assist our current student hourly employee.
The new student hourly employee will be expected to:
1. Maintain a presence in the MESP office, including answering the telephone and responding to visitors’ questions;
2. Assist the current student hourly in routine tasks such as running the office, distributing publicity (including putting up flyers), responding to e-mails, delivering other materials, helping to organize events, making travel arrangements for MESP visitors, and assisting the director and financial specialist for the program;
3. Learn the duties of the current student hourly, including checking the MESP voice mail, MailPlus e-mail account, maintaining faculty, student, and publicity e-mail lists, maintaining the MESP website (using Dreamweaver), posting MESP news on RSS feeds, etc.;
4. Carry out other duties as required by the position.
5. Approximately 10 hour/week commitment
To apply, please send a resume and/or a brief statement on qualifications, relevant work experience, and knowledge about the Middle East (the latter is desirable, but not an absolute requirement for this position) to:
Middle East Studies Program
323 Ingraham Hall
Preference will be given to applications received by Friday, January 29, 2010.
Salary: $8.00-$11.00 based upon experience and qualifications.